Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Beautiful Day in February

Today I went out and felt the day. The sun was shining on my face and the slight breeze was blowing my hair. I noticed some milkweed plants were sending out seeds. A tiny seed hanging onto a little fluff flying through the air. I could smell the pollen in the air.






A lot has happened in my life since the last post on this blog. I attended and graduated from the University of Florida. This is a picture of me of and some my classmates




I got a new car (Maleficent) -- a black beauty. 

I injured my wrist and developed De Quervain's tenosynovitis and basal joint arthritis in my thumb. I have lost all the strength in my hand and find normal everyday movements like turning a knob and opening a door next to impossible. I installed voice recognition software to my computer so I can eliminate typing as much as possible. I tried to stamp gift tags for the holidays and found it very painful. So with that I realized I will need to find other hobbies to enjoy. 

 


Right now I am trying my hand at crochet and so far it has not caused me any pain or discomfort. This is a sample of a 12"x12" square block I donated to a woman adopting a child. She wanted to give the child something made by the community so he/she would feel loved and welcomed.





I am reverting this blog back into its original purpose -- a journal for my daily adventures and interactions with nature. This is going to be the year of good health and I am living more mindfully and paying closer attention things happening around me.

I am also linking this blog with my other blog Becoming Belladonna. This blog will carry book reviews some of which appear in the Global Goddess Oracle ezine. In the Oracle I have revived my herb column and found the writing so rewarding.

May you be blessed with a beautiful day wherever you are. Happy belated New Year.


No comments: