Monday, September 26, 2011

Vanaheim (Day of Nurturing)


Today I pulled Gebo (gift, generosity). I woke up this morning feeling great. The sun was shining and the sky was a deep blue with a few fluffy clouds. Before I knew it the clouds covered most of the sky and now it looks like it is going to rain. And then it poured….

It was a dangerous ride to school. There was so much water on the road that at times I wondered if any part of my tires were actually touching pavement. I turned off the main highway onto a side road and it looked like a river. Only half the class showed up. I guess the others thought the weather was too bad. I can’t say I blame them.

When I got home Jerry told me that a palm tree out front had been hit by lightning. I noticed the palm fronds on the ground when I was leaving but attributed it to wind. The lightning hit on the side of the tree near the top and came out near the bottom. The mulch in the bed was thrown out into the grass where the lightning traveled underground. Tomorrow we have to check for any other damage.

No comments: