Friday, August 5, 2011

Freya’s Day – Jotunheim (Day of Discovery)


Today started with repairing a sprinkler head. Last night we noticed there was a pressure problem. When I walked towards the last sprinkler in the line, I noticed water flowing fast from around the base of the sprinkler. I touched it and it wiggled meaning the pipe connecting it to the line was broken. Luckily Jerry had all the supplies and it was a fast fix.

My rune today is Thurisaz (thorn in the side). I see this as a direct reference to the broken pipe and the need for repair.

On the way home from the doctor’s appointment, we passed four Sandhill Cranes standing at the edge of the road. Three of them were standing together while another was looking the other way. I wouldn’t be surprised if the other three walked away and he wouldn’t know it. It still amazes me that they aren’t afraid of traffic.

No comments: