Saturday, June 25, 2011

Midgard (Day of Immersion)




I slept really well last night. I was concerned being in a hotel and not in my own bed that it would be difficult for me to sleep well. I woke up several times but was able to go back to sleep.

Today is Stampfest show. I definitely was immersed today. There were a lot of people at the show but not as many as in the past. There were problems with the hotel and the roof was leaking in different areas. What a mess! I spent about two hours at the show. There were so many nice things to see. I didn’t want to spend too much time or I would spent too much money. I got some nice things and can’t wait to use them. I spent time this evening finishing up the cards from the Make N Take.

We were planning on meeting at 8:45 a.m. but one friend wasn’t able to make it and said she would meet up with us in the show. Our first stop was Marco’s Paper. I wanted to make sure I got the two new Halloween stamp sets by Tweety Jill. She told us at the Make N Take that she only brought so many. There were Tweety Jill books for $5 a great price! I looked at the Nestabilities but decided against getting any.

The next stop was Just For Fun. I was looking for the Pearl Pen and the Distress Stain. I finally found the Pearl Pen but no stain. On my way to the register I saw a large witch flying on a broom stamp and had to stop.  In found two more stamps – a tiny witch flying on a broom and a sentiment “I love being witchy.”

Too Much Fun Stamps was not on our list to stop but their displays caught my eye. They had really great stamps that look like shirts or jackets, tiny books and folios that fold up into themselves. My friend bought several food themed stamps (dough with a rolling pin, gingerbread men, kitchen tools, etc. I bought two sentiment stamps: “Don’t make me poison your food” and “And your little dog too” from the Wizard of Oz. I also bought two packs of tiny cookie cutters to be used as embellishments, a string of holiday lights (I think it’s a necklace) and a tiny basket. I don’t know what I will use the basket for but it was too cute. I had to have it!
 
We went to Local King Rubber Stamps. This is a new company for me. The owner, Lisa, designs the stamps herself and her husband is the cutter. I got four sets for myself and one for a friend’s birthday. I was only going to get two but there buy four get one free sale was too hard to pass up.

Sarasota Stamps was the last purchase stop. I had to get the crab from the Make N Take. While looking around, I found the flamingo in a martini glass. How could I pass that up? And of course, the three snow people in a bucket was calling to go home with me.

We realized later that we missed Rubbernecker Stamps and my friend forgot to go back to Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps to use her $10 free coupon. We were definitely immersed. On the way out, the doors we came in were blocked. We were told to use another set of doors since the ceiling was collapsing in the outer hallway. What a mess!

My rune today was Raidho (cart, road) which makes perfect sense since we traveled in the car home from the show. I think it was a totem for us to be safe as we traveled since the weather was terrible. It was raining so hard it was difficult to see at times.

No comments: