Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Freya’s Day – Jotunheim (Day of Discovery)


Today was the last day of Prednisone and eye doctor appointments. I am so happy my eye sight hasn’t changed. With dry eyes I worry it will affect my vision. When we pulled into the parking lot, there was a large male turkey walking around eating grass. He didn’t seem to have a care in the world that cars were going by him. I wish I had the camera.

On the way home two Sandhill Cranes were walking across the road. It still amazes me that they will not change course or hurry if a car is coming. They seem to be very laid back. This is a picture I took at the Homosassa Wildlife Park in May. The males and females look identical. The juveniles do not have the red on their heads until they become adults.

We called the oldest granddaughter to check on the chrysalis. She said there hasn’t been a change and told us it hasn’t been long enough. I am glad she paid attention when the instructions were given. Hopefully they will emerge tomorrow.

My rune today was Hagalaz (hail, transformation). It is a rune of destiny and since it is the ninth rune in the Elder Furthark, it has many associations to the number nine (Nine realms of Yggdrasil, nine primordial mothers, and nine noble virtues). I just realized this rune can be used in healing work especially with fevers. The body transforms as it heals.

No comments: