Sunday, July 10, 2011

Svartalheim (Day of Adventure)


Yesterday should have been the Day of Adventure with all the excitement. I am so glad I didn’t have any adventure today. It was just too hot for it. It is day six on the prednisone and I really think it is making a difference. My breathing is better if I could just get this crud out of my chest I know I would feel a lot better.

I slept like a rock last night and I know I really needed it. It seems as if my day got away from me. I had a plan of what I had to get done today and before I knew it the day was half over and the only thing accomplished was the laundry (although it did take almost all day). I wanted to start working on my cards I need to finish for the week – deadlines are looming. Hopefully tomorrow in Midgard I will get something finished.

My rune today was Berkana (new beginnings). I see this as so many things: school, classes, submittals, better health. These are all things to look forward to. It has been awhile since I have drawn this rune and it makes me feel good.

We woke up from our nap this afternoon to the sound of howls of distress. At first I thought it was a child but realized it was a dog or puppy. I think it got left outside and didn’t like it very much. I can’t say I blame him. It was just too hot. Tonight before we went to bed we checked the temperature (84 degrees) and the humidity (90 percent). The air is so thick.

No comments: